High-yield Money Market Deposit Account (MMDA)
0.70% APY* high-yield MMDA, 8X higher than national average.
FDIC insured. No fees.
Financial solutions to help you do more of what you love.
Earn 8 times the national average APY
Don't settle for average rates
Expedite your savings with APYs significantly higher than the national average. Receive a competitive rate with the ability to withdraw or add funds whenever you like. Flexibility to withdraw as much as you want, whenever you want; there are no restrictions.
This deposit product is offered through SaveBetter by Patriot Bank
About Patriot Bank
Patriot Bank is a leading community and commercial bank headquartered in Stamford, CT with branches in the Connecticut counties of Fairfield and New Haven, as well as in Scarsdale, New York.
Founded in 1994, Patriot Bank provides deposit and lending products and services nationally. Patriot’s mission is to serve its local community and nationwide customer base by providing a growing array of banking solutions to meet the needs of individuals and small businesses owners. Patriot places great value in the integrity of its people and how it conducts business. An emphasis on building strong client relationships and community involvement are cornerstones of our philosophy as we seek to maximize shareholder value.
Patriot Bank is an FDIC insured financial institution
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Patriot Bank is a member of the FDIC. Deposits in Patriot Bank are insured by the FDIC up to the limits of federal law. The standard insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each deposit account ownership category.
Patriot Bank & SaveBetter
Patriot Bank uses the secure SaveBetter platform to feature and manage specially selected savings products. Customers open accounts at SaveBetter.com and the platform manages all aspects of the products offered by Patriot Bank including operations, customer service and marketing. In simple terms, SaveBetter is a consumer facing digital storefront that provides access to Patriot Bank products. Best of all, SaveBetter is completely free!
Start saving in 4 simple steps:
- 1.Discover competitive savings products.
- 2.Select the right products for your savings goals.
- 3.Register for a SaveBetter account — one is all you need!
- 4.Fund and access your new savings products.
Now you can add more savings products any time you want. It’s that simple!
What is a money market deposit account?
Above-average interest without sacrificing accessibility.
MMDAs were created to be more competitive with money market mutual funds compared to a traditional savings account. MMDAs are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC) up to applicable limits if the financial institution is a member of the FDIC. (Patriot Bank is an FDIC member bank.)
All deposits and withdrawals are completed within one to three (1-3) business days. After the initial deposit a withdrawals limitation for the first few business days may exist.
Business days are Monday through Friday excluding U.S. bank holidays.
You are signing up for a Patriot Bank savings product through the SaveBetter platform. Customers sign up with a SaveBetter account to access featured Patriot Bank products. At all times, you remain a SaveBetter customer.
Your SaveBetter account gives you access to savings accounts and Certificates of Deposit (CDs) offered by a variety of banks with the security of FDIC insurance. These products include:
· High-yield Savings Account (HYSA). As its name indicates, this account type functions like a traditional savings account—with typically no restrictions on depositing and withdrawing funds—but earns interest at rates that are higher than the national average for standard savings accounts.
· Money Market Deposit Account (MMDA). Also known as a money market account or MMA, this type of savings account offers a varying rate that allows you to earn interest on your funds with maximum flexibility for withdrawals. Like a HYSA, an MMDA offers features of a traditional savings account with typically higher returns.
· No Penalty CD. Through the flexibility of a No Penalty CD, you can lock in a competitive rate for a fixed term with the option to make a full withdrawal at any time beginning seven (7) calendar days after funding without having to pay a penalty for the early termination.
· Fixed Term CD. With this longstanding savings vehicle, funds are held for a fixed term, and a competitive interest rate provides safe, predictable earnings. In contrast to No Penalty CDs, typically you are charged a fee if you do not complete the full term of the Fixed Term CD.
The SaveBetter name and logo are trademarks of SaveBetter LLC. The Deposit Solutions name and logo are trademarks of Raisin GmbH, used with permission. Patriot Bank is a trademark of Patriot Bank N.A., used with permission.
© 2022 SaveBetter LLC. All rights reserved.
*APY means Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of April 8, 2022. Interest rate may change after initial deposit. Minimum opening deposit is $1.00.
Each customer authorizes the Custodian Bank to hold the customer’s funds in a custodial capacity in order to facilitate the customer’s deposits to and withdrawals from deposit accounts at various Product Banks that the customer requests through SaveBetter.com. The Custodian Bank does not establish the terms of the deposit accounts, or offer the deposit accounts to customers, and provides no advice to customers about deposit accounts. Central Bank of Kansas City, Member FDIC, d.b.a. Central Payments is the Service Bank. Custodian services are provided by Lewis and Clark Bank.